For a list of the areas of consulting provided by Dr. Nabti and the Learning to CARE Institute go to: http://www.learningtocare.com/ConsultingTraining.
CONSULTANCY/TRAINER EXPERIENCES FOCUSED ON SCHOOL SERVICE
- Qatar: Consulting, Resource Development, and Training for the Qatar School Service Program. A mandatory service program was imposed on all secondary schools in Qatar that are under the Supreme Education Council (SEC) by a decree issued in 2008. I developed a toolkit with separate guides for each of the different stakeholders (SEC, school administrators, students, parents, and community partners) and then provide TOT training and follow up. In collaboration with Reach Out To Asia and the SEC. (June 2013-February 2014)
- Saudi Arabia: Consultancy and Training on Developing School Service Programs for Fatat al-Gassim Development Center, Gassim (March 2012).
- Lebanon: Learning to CARE Institute: Training of country teams from 14 Arab countries on how to develop effective school service programs as part of The Arab Initiative to Foster a Culture of Volunteering (July 2010 and October 2011).
- United Arab Emirates: Consultancy and Training for Takatof, Emirates Foundation, to provide training for their school service program (March 2011)
- United Arab Emirates: Consultancy and training to Takatof to develop their school service program, based on the book Learning to CARE: Education, Volunteering, and Community Service. (They purchased 2000 copies of the book: 1000 in Arabic; 1000 in English) February-April 2009.
- United Arab Emirates: Consultancy to Takatof on their planning of a symposium on volunteering in schools (March 2008).
- Egypt: Consultancy on how to establish a Learning to CARE Program to develop school service programs (March 2007).
- Lebanon: Learning to CARE Program training of 80 schools in Lebanon funded by an AFKAR Grant of the European Union and Office of the Minister of State for Administrative Reform (OMSAR) (2005-2006 academic year).
- Syria: Sole trainer at a follow-up training event to the Symposium held in June (November 2005).
- Syria: Main lecturer at “The First Symposium on Promoting Volunteerism Among School Students” organized by Junior Chamber International, Syria (June 2005).
- Lebanon: Organized the Conference “Learning to Serve” at Université St. Joseph for 4-person delegations from Lebanese public and private schools (May 2004).
CONSULTANCY/TRAINER EXPERIENCES IN VOLUNTEERISM
- Qatar: Training in Youth Leadership and Service, Reach Out To Asia, a program of the Qatar Foundation (October 2012).
- Saudi Arabia: Consultancy and Training for leaders of women’s organizations in Saudi Arabia, organized by Al-Nahdah (April 2011)
- United Arab Emirates: Consultancy for the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage to help them develop a volunteer program for the Authority (September and beyond, 2009)
- Lebanon: Consultancy and training for the development of the Ahluna Volunteer Program (February-April 2009)
- Lebanon: Consultancy and training for a youth service program organized in Beirut by the Hariri Foundation for Sustainable Human Development (December 2008 through February 2009)
- Lebanon: Training and consultancy for the Universal Peace Federation to help them organize a Youth Service Weekend for their Global Peace Festival (October 2008).
- Lebanon: Full day training session for Iraqi and Lebanese women on volunteer management organized through the Imam Sadr Foundation (October 2008).
- Lebanon: Consultancy and training to develop a local volunteer center in Saida for the Hariri Foundation for Sustainable Human Development (October 2007- October 2008).
- United Arab Emirates: Consultancy to Takatof, the volunteerism program of the Emirates Foundation (Abu Dhabi), on volunteerism, in general (March 2008).
- Lebanon: Consultancy and training to develop a volunteer program at the orphanage, school, and training center of the Sidon Orphan Welfare Society (March 2008 – ongoing through February 2009).
- Lebanon: Training and organizing service projects for students of AMIDEAST ACCESS program (175 students in 2005; over 500 in 2006).
- Iran: Internship training in Beirut of a delegation from the Rahpooyane Saba Institute to help them develop the knowledge to establish a volunteer center in Tehran (May 2004).
- Kuwait: Series of training sessions for local NGOs hosted by The Women Cultural & Social Society (March 2004).
- Egypt: Series of training sessions and press conference hosted by the National NGOs Center for Population and Development (August 2003).
TRAINING WORKSHOPS GIVEN IN FIELD OF VOLUNTEERISM
- Series of training/consultancy sessions on How to Develop a Volunteer Center
- Series of training/consultancy sessions on How to Develop a Volunteer Program in an organization/institution
- Learning to CARE: Education, Volunteering, and Community Service
- Service-Learning for K-12 Teachers
- Service-Learning for University Faculty
- Why University Students Should Volunteer… and How
- Basics of Volunteering; Project Development and Implementation (adjusted for different age levels)
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Volunteer Management
- Corporate Volunteering and Public Purpose Partnerships
- Volunteering of the Disabled
- Volunteering of Seniors and Retirees